Tuesday 21 February 2012

so...amsterdam hey?

thanks to everyone who made an effort to come greet. this was awesome
best
i miss them and this is why
some predeparture posing. carine tymbios style
this is the common room at college. there is usually some korean kid jamming the amelie theme songs on the piano, which makes this a great space for feeling european
lovely lea, my new german flatmate 


this is how i get around
views from my window



ingrid and cath. glad i found them :)
I'm not Dutch enough to attempt this...
... so I just walked on the ice instead

neat little russian constructivist sculpure on stadhouderskade 

oh clooney,
babes!

museum plein. rijks up ahead, van gogh on the left




hehe

ingrid before the cast...
my view
a squatter house

found this in the 'Transvaal Buurt'
squatter restaurant. you get a 3 course meal for R40. deal right?

and this is my room


here is a quick look at what i have to put on before i leave the  house
jacket for 3 euro





15 euro find :)
thermal under shirt!


about to sneeze on leidseplein

electronic skateboard, i think it's pretty lame

carla in albert cuypstraat!





rembrandt plein
de nachtwacht restaurant
fritte!







and i cut it off


It's been three weeks since I've arrived and here is my first blagh update. ever. what ish up? I'm currently living in the Northern hemisphere, a bicycle has become my only means of transport, I've seen van Gogh, Monet and Gauguin for the first time, I've walked on water, I broke my record by writing 17 letters and 4 postcards in 8 days, I've mastered cooking and I'm now a proud maker of toast and pasta, I'm officially a Dutch resident for the next 6 months, I've started drinking beer, oh and I cut my hair! To my friends and family, I miss ya'll dearly, but so far, Amsterdam is treating me well. Here are the photos of everything.

1 comment:

  1. Dankie vir ongelooflike fotos. Jy move ne - dis reg onthou ons Fam maak ons eie golwe en ek sien jy het groot golwe daar in die koue. Was mal oor jou klerekas wat so aansienlik gegroei het YEH!

    ReplyDelete